Follow us on our social networks:
9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Registration Fee (inclusive of 6% SST):
IEM Member - RM780.00
Non Member - RM980.00
IEM Member - RM1,000.00
Non Member - RM1,200.00
IEM Training Academy Sdn Bhd
(Wholly-owned by The Institution of Engineers Malaysia and formerly known as IEM Training Centre Sdn. Bhd)
SBL-Khas HRDF Claimable
PROFILE OF COURSE FACILITATOR
Ir. Frankie Chong, B.Sc., MBA, P.Eng., MIEM, PMP is a professional engineer and a certified PMP with an in-depth knowledge and more than 30 years of working experience in managing small and large projects in various industries. His main areas of work experience include project management & consultancy, engineering operations and technical development, business reengineering, strategic planning, education and training.
He specializes in conducting Project Management seminars, PMP Certification courses, consultancy services and training both locally and internationally. Hundreds of participants have benefited from his training which is knowledge and skillbased, action-orientated, highly interactive and complemented with exercises, practical applications and real-life case studies. The general feedback describes his training as stimulating, informative and effective.
He was also a Chief Paper Examiner of a U.K. University Project Management module, past Chairman and Adviser of The Institution of Engineers Malaysia Project Management Technical Division, certified trainer with H R D F , a member of the Consultative Panel Committee of MOF’s Professional Services Development Corporation, and a panel expert and trainer for government Construction Industry Development Board.
Master the fundamentals of Project Planning, Scheduling & Reporting in 2 days! Complemented by using Microsoft Project Software Applications Tool.
Studies have shown that the success rate of projects will increase when a systematic and structured approach to Project Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting is adopted, aided by the use of software application tools. Get a solid understanding of state-of-the-art project planning scheduling & reporting tools & techniques based on PMBOK Guide to get the project done on time, within budget, scope and quality.
Unlike other workshops, this program combines a 1-day theoretical and 1-day practical approach by emphasizing the essential principles with case studies, examples, hands-on exercises and templates complemented by practicing popular Microsoft Project software tool.
- Master fundamental project management knowledge, skills, tools & techniques with cross references to world class standard in USA-based Project Management Institute’s body of knowledge PMBOK®.
- Understand & apply the best practices in Planning, Scheduling and Reporting.
- Avoid costly mistakes by gaining an insight into the success & failure factors of projects
- Develop SMART Objectives, Work Breakdown Structure, Quality Objectives, Project Plan, Schedule & Subsidiary Plans
- Develop network diagrams to analyze Critical Path and compress project duration
- Estimate project costs and budget using simple, proven techniques
- Learn and apply hands-on relevant basic MS Project software applications in developing Project Plan, Schedule, Budget and Reports.
- Networks with other participants and shares valuable experiences
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Project Executives/Leaders/Analysts/Managers/ Directors, GM, Engineers, Architects, IT Professionals, Contractors, QS, Consultants, Scientists, Product Managers, Program Managers, Event Organisers, Business Execs, and any person involved in managing any type of project in any industry.
DAY 1 - PROJECT PLANNING & SCHEDULING SEMINAR
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION AND KEY CONCEPTS
- Definitions, Characteristics and Framework of Project Management
- Triple Constraints & Trade-offs
- Project Life Cycle Phases, SDLC and Processes
- Success and Failure factors
- De-facto standards and methodology
- Survey on best practices in Malaysia
- Project Business Case & Feasibility Study
- Project Selection Method
- Project Charter
MODULE 2: PROJECT PLANNING & SCHEDULING
Step by Step approach:
- Develop Project Plan
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create Work Breakdown Structure
- Define & Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources & Durations
- Develop Network Diagram & Project Schedule
- Estimate Costs & Determine Budget
- Assign Responsibilities using RAM
- Gantt chart, CPM, PERT Analysis & Compression techniques.
Groups will work on a real project and develop in a step by step manner a Project Plan with Objectives, Scope definitions, Work Breakdown Structure, Network Diagrams, Project Schedule and Project Budget.
MODULE 3: SUBSIDIARY PLANS
- Quality Plan
- HR Plan
- Risk Plan
- Communication Plan
- Stakeholder Plan
DAY 2 - MICROSOFT PROJECT PRACTICAL
1. A guided tour of Project
- The Project interface
- The Backstage view
- The ribbon and tabs
- Views / Reports
2. Starting a new plan
- Starting a new plan, and setting its start date
- Setting nonworking days in the project calendar
- Entering the plan’s title and other properties
3. Building a task list
- Entering task names/durations/milestone
- Creating summary tasks to outline the plan
- Creating task dependencies with links
- Switching task scheduling from manual to automatic
- Checking the plan’s duration and finish date
- Documenting tasks with notes and hyperlinks
4. Setting up resources
- Entering work resource names/max capacity/pay rates
- Adjusting working time in a resource calendar
- Setting up cost resources
- Documenting resources with notes
5. Assigning resources to tasks
- Assigning work resources to tasks
- Controlling work when adding or removing resource assignments
- Assigning cost resources to tasks
- Checking the plan’s duration, cost, and work
6. Formatting and sharing your plan
- Customizing a Gantt Chart view/timeline view/reports
- Copying views and reports
- Printing views and reports
7. Tracking progress
- Saving a baseline of your plan
- Tracking a plan as scheduled through a specific date
- Entering a task’s completion percentage
- Entering actual values for tasks
- Participants will be provided with a selected project outline for them to create, develop and schedule a project plan, using the knowledge they have learned.
9. SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
Participants are required to bring their own laptops loaded with Spreadsheet and Microsoft Project 2013 or later versions software on the second day. Free trial versions of MS Project software can be downloaded from internet.
Terms & Conditions:
IEMTA reserves the right to postpone, reschedule, allocate or cancel the course. Full refund less 30% if cancellation is received in writing more than 7 days before the start of the event. No cancellation will be accepted prior to the date of the event. However, replacement or substitute may be made at any time with prior notification and substitute will be charged according to membership status.