Follow us on our social networks:
PROFILE OF COURSE FACILITATOR
Ir. Chua Keng Seng, B.E.(Hons), MIEM, P.Eng., MASHRAE, MIMM, CCP, graduated from the University of Malaya in 1974. Qualified as a Professional Engineer, he worked with Carrier Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., first as the Service Manager and then as Engineering Manager for about 10 years. During the next 25 years, he operated his own companies in contracting, maintenance and also in consultancy business. He has wide experience in the design, installation, trouble shooting on various types of systems and also in project management. He was in the design and project management team which implemented the Putrajaya Precinct 2 District Cooling Plant which has a capacity of 30,000 cooling tons.
Ir. Chua has also been involved in many training programmes. He lectured air conditioning design in the Mechanical Faculty of University Malaya between 1978 to 1984 and in Monash University for the last 3 years. Besides he had been invited to deliver lectures and presentations in the University Technology Malaysia, University Technology Petronas, The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia and conducted in-house training for some Corporate Companies.
- Comfort factors: temperature, relative humidity, air movement, noise level, cleanliness. How does air distribution system affects comfort
- Air Distribution Performance Index:
- Air diffusion: draft, stagnant air and the ideal air movement. The induction ratio, Air diffusion Performance Index (ADPI) | Types of air grilles and their performances | Design of air distribution layout
- Choosing the supply air temperature: Effects on the Diffusion Temperature, air quantity, air velocity, space Relative Humidity, economics of the refrigeration system, economics for the fan operation, cost of ducting system, compactness of equipment.
- The noise level consideration: sound power, sound pressure and room effects:
- Recommended air velocities: initial duct velocity, terminal velocity and return air grille velocity.
- Types of air ducts: rectangular, round and oval. Classifications and constructions.
- Effects of Aspect Ratio of the air duct: frictional loses, installed cost, operating cost.
- Methods of duct design: Velocity Reduction, Equal Friction, Static Regain.
- Hand-on tutorial using equal friction method.
- Pressure loss of system components: coils, filters, grilles, louvers.
- What is VAV system? VAV verses Constant Air Volume.
- Types of VAV system: true VAV, bypass or dump system, fan powered system.
- Features of VAV system: zone control, diversity and energy savings.
- VAV box: construction, dedicated controls.
- VAV control systems: static pressure control, variable fan control, supply air temperature control.
- Work example of a VAV design
Terms & Conditions:
IEMTA reserves the right to postpone, reschedule, allocate or cancel the course. Full refund less 30% if cancellation is received in writing more than 7 days before the start of the event. No cancellation will be accepted prior to the date of the event. However, replacement or substitute may be made at any time with prior notification and substitute will be charged according to membership status.